Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Family Tree that includes non blood but important relatives



Bonnie Moore (Illinois), a wonderful consultant on our team, recently shared this very special book and idea.


Here is Bonnie's story...)

"I worked on a genealogy page for my grand daughter this week that I would like to share with you. There are two step-grandparents in our family and one in particular, is more influential in the lives of the grand daughters than is the biological grand parent. I wanted him present on the chart for sure. This page might help anyone else who has step parents of any kind and want them represented.

On the chart attached, I have connected the blood relatives by stems and the step relatives by a single leaf attached nest to the one they married. My chart is symmetrical, but I think it would still work if it were not, by enlarging the tree behind.

I did this in the template book "My Dream Come True" changing it to "Our Dream Come True." It's in a 12x12 size. I will make a single page for framing, too."

To view or use the template "My Dream Come True", visit http://www.makeyourmomentslast.com/ .

Thanks Bonnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment