Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another great reunion idea by Sherrie Wright

This is an idea we did for our family reuion. My Great Grandparents are no longer alive. Most of my Great Aunts and Uncles were still alive at the time. My great grandpa was a gas station owner in the 30’s and 40’s, so my great anuts and uncles even their kids remember all the stories about the gas station. So for a keep sake we took a very old picture of my grandfather at the station. I touched up the old photo and scanned several copies of it, framed them in shadow boxes. I put a miniture old time gas station pump and minuture oil canand some minutre tools aranges them in the shadow box and presented it to the oringal children of the family. It was a huge success! It brought many tears and laughs to our reuion. That was about 7 years ago and our reioun is still talked about today. It’s all about memories and sharing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment